Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wow! Katharine Hepburn's Brownies....

When I read the name of the recipe, I was thrilled. I told myself that I have to taste this... to discover whether the taste would be as delightful as Katharine Hepburn's brilliant act.


Well, it's not a disappointment! The taste is... how should I describe it... divine. The top is dry, flaky and crusty but below is sweet, moist, chewy, and very chocolaty. The best part is, you only use one bowl to whip  up the ingredients. Therefore, you won't have to clean up a lot.

Thanks Stephanie for the recipe.

Ingredients:
60 grams unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
113 grams unsalted butter, cubed 
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar (I used brown sugar) 
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
30 grams all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
100 grams chopped walnuts or pecans (optional : [**I've tried without nuts, and with almonds too. My verdict: Nuts free brownies is divine but if you love nuts, pecans is the best.])

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). 
2. Line an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking pan. 
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl using double boiling method (the bowl is placed over a saucepan of simmering water). Remove from heat.
4. Using a hand whisk, stir in the sugar.
5. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs.
6. Lastly, fold in the flour, salt and chopped nuts (if using).
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. 
8. Cut into16 brownies. 

Adapted from: Stephanie Jaworski

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Meal for Me...

A Perfect Meal for Me If I should have a meal I know how I would want it to be, There’d be colourful fruit and vegies And a piec...