Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spaghetti Bolognese... My Style...

I just love pasta and fortunately for me, my family are not fussy eaters. Whatever I serve them, they would eat with great relish.
The sauce recipe was originally from LEGGO's. I 've been using this recipe whenever I cooked tomato base pasta sauce for years. I remembered the day I received a recipe book from LEGGO'S after writing to the company. I still keep the letter from the product division secretary dated 23 April 1996. It's been 15 awesome years of trying all sorts of the favourites in the book.
However, for this recipe, I added my preferred ingredients which are the vegetables: carrot, fresh button mushroom and green capsicum. You can use beef, lamb, chicken or other types of meat. I used minced chicken for my girl does't like beef, and I orgot to buy lamb . This recipe serves four people. I don't have parmesan cheese in stock; so, you cannot see the sprinkle of cheese in the pic. Once you are familiar with the recipe, you can play with the ingredients. But remember not to put too much oregano for you'll have a sharp strong taste i.e. bitter sauce.

Spaghetti Bolognese
500g  spaghetti cooked according to packet directions
Grated parmesan cheese

Sauce:
1 tablespoon olive oil
500 g minced beef (I used minced chicken)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons chopped parsley (I used fresh English parsely)
250g LEGGO’S tomato paste
1½ cup water (you can add more if you want a lighter sauce)
1 teaspoon powdered beef stock (I used 1 chicken stock cube)

I added:
1 large carrot, diced
1 large green capsicum, diced
Fresh button mushrooms, chopped or sliced

Method:
  1. Heat oil, add minced chicken, onion and garlic and cook until browned.
  2. Add remaining sauce ingredients to pan, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add the vegetables and simmer for another 10 minutes.
  4. Spoon sauce over cooked spaghetti.
  5. Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese.
Source: LEGGO’S Weekday Favourites recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Meal for Me...

A Perfect Meal for Me If I should have a meal I know how I would want it to be, There’d be colourful fruit and vegies And a piec...