Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pecan Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies

I read Muna's entry on basic cookie dough. The process looks easy and all the ingredients are within reach. So, I embarked on the project yesterday afternoon. It took me about 20 minutes to whip all the ingredients and wrap the dough for the chilling process.The result is Mr. Hubby and my girl get to bring fresh homemade cookies, for snack, to work and school respectively today.


Thanks Muna for sharing the recipe of very light and crunchy cookies. However, I'd improvised the recipe by adding pecan, chocolate chips and oatmeal. I also used medium protein flour.



Ingredients:

250g butter (I used Anchor's unsalted butter)
140g sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
300g plain flour (I used medium protein flour) 
75g instant oats (you can use rolled oats, porridge oats or other substances like coconut)
100g chocolate chips
100g chopped pecans 

Method:

1. Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.

2. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.

3. Fold in the sifted flour and a pinch of salt into the mixture.

4. Add the instant oats, chocolate chips and chopped pecans and stir until well combined. 

5. Using your hands, gather the dough and roll into a sausage shape or a long block about 5 cm thick.

6. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 1 hour or until fim.

7. Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper or Silpat mat. Preheat oven to 190 degree C/ 360 degree F.

8. Slice the dough into 5 mm and plce on the baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pale golden.

9. Leave on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Source: Muna Fadaaq

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Meal for Me...

A Perfect Meal for Me If I should have a meal I know how I would want it to be, There’d be colourful fruit and vegies And a piec...