I made a bowl of guacamole for lunch today since I have 4 avocados in the fridge. It reminds me of the trip to Salt Lake City, USA with my SIL and our friend Jamie, last October 2012. Everyday my SIL and I would go to Harmon's to purchase ready made guacamole or hummus, fruits and salad plus some chips and breads. Those were our basic necessities back then... haha. Six days in SLC I lost nearly 4 kg.
The recipe is taken from this site posted by Elise Bauer. The recipe is very simple, tasty and to die for. I think it's one of the best dips I've ever made on my own. Thanks Elise for sharing. You only need 10 minutes to prepare it.
You need 7 main ingredients which I list according to their importance from 1 - 7:
1. Avocado, 2. Salt, 3. Lime/Lemon juice, 4. Chiles, 5. Onion, 6. Cilantro, 7. Tomato.
However, I don't have cilantro in stock and it tastes just great!
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Pears and plums... I don't know what this is called though I know that there are people baking this. I call this Fruit Pocket.
Pears pitted and cubed
Plums pitted and cubed
A dash of cinnamon
A tablespoonful of brown sugar
Egg yolk for colour
1. Mix together the cubed pears and plums with cinnamon and brown sugar.
2. Roll the puff pastry.
3. Pour the fruit mixture on top of the rolled puff pastry.
4. Envelope the fruit mixture. Trim its end with fork.
5. Brush the egg yolk on top and make a small slit with a knife.
6. Bake in the oven until it turns golden and crispy.
7. Devour this with ice-cream.
Apple Coffee Cake:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and place rack in the centre of oven.
- Spray pan with non-stick vegetable spray one - 8 inch/20 cm spring form pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- A. In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and ground almonds.
- B. In another large bowl, stir or whisk together the oil, yogurt, orange juice and zest, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in the sugar.
- Add B to A (the wet ingredients to the flour mixture). Stir until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and evenly arrange the sliced apples on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with the 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 to 45 minutes or until the cake tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
The recipe makes one - 8 inch (20 cm) cake.