|The newly baked Blueberry Cheese Tarts|
Since there was a 'kenduri' at one of the aunts house in Malacca and knowing that the grandmother whom we address as Puan would be there, I brought the whole batch there for everybody to savour. Within seconds, the tarts disappeared...
Tart Shells: Sweet Pastry
250 gm butter
130 gm icing sugar
2 egg yolks
500 gm Red Rose flour (Medium Protein flour)
2 tbsp water
1 tsp vaniila essence
1 tsp lemon yellow colour (optional)
1. Cream buter, sugar, vanilla essence and yellow colour (not too creamy).
2. Add in egg yolks and water. Continue creamimg for 1-2 minutes.
3. Fold in flour.
4. Press pastry in the tart moulds. Prick the pastry shells with fork.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
Blueberry Cheese Filling
250 gm Cream Cheese (I prefer Philadelphia cream cheese)
20 gm butter
60 gm castor sugar
15 gm corn flour
Blueberry fruit filling
1. Cream cream cheese, butter and sugar together till creamy and fluffy.
2. Add in egg and beat together till well blend.
3. Add in corn flour.
4. Pipe cheese mixture onto the baked tart shells.
5. Pipe blueberry fruit filling into the cheese mixture and swirl it to get a marbling effect.
6. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes using top fire.
I could get 50 pieces of 5cm in diameter tart shells using this cheese filling.
Source: Cynthia from Yummie Bakery. I attended one of her tarts baking classes years ago (sounds like ages ago.. ancient recipe? He! He!).