It has been so long since my first disastrous attempt to make this sweet course. Read this one from NanaSham at myresipi.com . It turned out wonderful and the top layer was not as sweet as the ones sold at coffeshops or foodstalls. I am very proud of myself for being able to make this kuih seri muka. Thanks to NanaSham for sharing this recipe...
Seri Muka Use 22cm / 3'' pan
500gm glutinous rice
400ml coconut milk
1 tspn salt
2 tblspns oil
3 tblspns corn starch
450ml thick coconut milk
1/2 tspn salt
300ml water + 10 pandan leaves blend together to get the pandan juice (OR 1 tspn pandan paste)
1. Wash and soak glutinous rice for 10-20 minutes.
2. Prepare the steamer.
3. Drain the glutinous rice and mix it with the coconut milk, salt and oil.
4. Steam on high heat for 20-30 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the steamer, press the glutinous rice mixture to level the surface. Prepare the top
1. Beat sugar and eggs.
2. Add in the coconut milk and salt mixture, followed by the pandan juice. Whisk.
3. Add in sifted flour and corn starch and combine till well mixed.
4. Strain the mixture and pour it on top of the pressed glutinous rice.
5. Stem on medium heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Remove from the steamer and wait for it to cool before cutting it.