|The newly baked Orange Pound cake cupcakes|
I made this for my hubby's cousin's engagement gift.
|Cupcakes for Jaizah's engagement|
A. 250 gms butter (I used Anchor since I didn't have Golden Churn in stock)
250 gms fine granulated sugar
200 gms eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon orange emulco ( I added this for the slight tint of orange in the flavour)
B. 250 gms cake flour )
1½ tsp baking powder ) sift together
C. 80 ml milk ( I used Dutch Lady fresh milk)
1. Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. One at a time beat in the eggs, then beat in the vanilla essence.
3. Alternately, add the sifted flour mixture and milk, starting and finishing with the flour
4. Scoop batter in baking sups until 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
**Cool cupcakes before frosting with any favourite recipe. ( I used the American buttercream frosting).
Source: 2009. Cupcake Designs. Bake With Yen (KL) Sdn Bhd (274391-D).