Monday, January 17, 2011

Orange Pound Cake Cupcakes

I bought a recipe book entitled 'Cupcake Designs' priced at RM 12.00 from Bake With Yen in Bangi recently. There are 6 types of cupcake recipes. I tried the Pound Cake Cupcake recipe and it turned out very nice. I did some alteration to the actual recipe where I added 1 teaspoon of orang emulco to get the orange flavour.
The newly baked Orange Pound cake cupcakes

 I made this for my hubby's cousin's engagement gift.

Cupcakes for Jaizah's engagement
 Orange Pound Cake Cupcakes

A. 250 gms butter (I used Anchor since I didn't have Golden Churn in stock)
     250 gms fine granulated sugar
     200 gms eggs
     1 teaspoon vanilla essence
     1 teaspoon orange emulco ( I added this for the slight tint of orange in the flavour)


B. 250 gms cake flour       )
    1½ tsp baking powder ) sift together


C. 80 ml milk ( I used Dutch Lady fresh milk)


1. Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. One at a time beat in the eggs, then beat in the vanilla essence.
3. Alternately, add the sifted flour mixture and milk, starting and finishing with the flour 
    mixture.
4. Scoop batter in baking sups until 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.


**Cool cupcakes before frosting with any favourite recipe. ( I used the American buttercream frosting). 

Source: 2009. Cupcake Designs. Bake With Yen (KL) Sdn Bhd (274391-D).

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Meal for Me...

A Perfect Meal for Me If I should have a meal I know how I would want it to be, There’d be colourful fruit and vegies And a piec...