Apple Coffee Cake
Apple Coffee Cake:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and place rack in the centre of oven.
- Spray pan with non-stick vegetable spray one - 8 inch/20 cm spring form pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- A. In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and ground almonds.
- B. In another large bowl, stir or whisk together the oil, yogurt, orange juice and zest, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in the sugar.
- Add B to A (the wet ingredients to the flour mixture). Stir until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and evenly arrange the sliced apples on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with the 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 to 45 minutes or until the cake tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
The recipe makes one - 8 inch (20 cm) cake.