Friday, November 1, 2013

Chewy Chocolate Meringues

This chewy chocolate meringues recipe is inspired by Bakerella.com.

The sinfully chocolaty meringues taste like heaven. This recipe is a keeper.
My recipe is a bit different from Bakerella for I am making full use of the egg whites I have left in the fridge. Plus I use chocolate powder and not cocoa powder. Since I don’t have cocoa nibs, I use chocolate chips instead.

This is a super easy recipe.
Chewy Chocolate Meringues 
150 g large egg whites – about 4
250 g sugar
15 g chocolate powder
70 g finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
70 g chocolate chips



  1. First thing to do is preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Then, line the baking sheets with parchment paper. Since I use 2 inches scoop, I bake the whole 28 meringues on 2 baking sheets.
  3. Whisk together the egg whites and sugar in a clean, dry heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water in - double boiling method. (I use my cake mixer stainless steel bowl). Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat.
  4. With an electric mixer fitter with the whisk attachment on high speed, beat the eggs until stiff and glossy.
  5. Fold together the sifted the chocolate powder, the chopped chocolate and the chocolate chips, and the meringue with a spatula until combined. Scoop the batter onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
  6. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes rotating the pans half-way through (around 8-9 minutes) until the cookies are fluffy and full of cracks. 
  7. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool, leaving them on the parchment paper. 
  8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Meal for Me...

A Perfect Meal for Me If I should have a meal I know how I would want it to be, There’d be colourful fruit and vegies And a piec...