Thursday, March 10, 2011

Belgium Waffle: What a simple procedure!

Belgium Waffle with cut banana and a dollop of milk caramel aka dulce de leche.

Belgium waffle, anyone? I ate Belgium waffle in Bangsar, once upon a time (it's been too long that I couldn't remember when, but the taste and the chewy texture linger...). So, when I read Pook's inviting entry on the Easy Belgium Waffle here, I was tempted to try. You can reduce the sugar if you feel that it is too sweet.
My waffle maker is the ordinary one and not like Pook's. The original Belgium waffle is made using the deep Belgian waffle maker like the one used by Pook. I have to hunt and purchase a new waffle maker soon if I want to relish this Belgium waffle again... Does anyone know where I can invest in that kind of waffle maker, please?

Belgium Waffle Ingredients:

50gm unsalted butter (I used Anchor unsalted)
70g Crisco (white vegetable shortening)
2 eggs
120gm caster sugar
½tsp Vanilla extract 
A pinch of salt
2tsp  Creme Fraiche (or milk if you don't have creme fraiche. I used 1 tsp sour cream and 1 tsp milk))
160gm Bread flour
2tbsp Pearl Sugar (I skipped this since I didn't have in store)

1. Beat butter and Crisco together until soft, add sugar and salt, and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs, vanilla essence.
3. Fold in half of the flour, add in the milk, t
hen fold in the rest of the flour.
4. Add the pearl sugar, and fold to combine.
5. Heat the waffle maker and put the dough onto the pan. Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Meal for Me...

A Perfect Meal for Me If I should have a meal I know how I would want it to be, There’d be colourful fruit and vegies And a piec...